Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do we make reservations?
You may reserve a room through the following:
a. E-mail: You can send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
b. Online Travel Agencies such as Agoda, Asiatravel, Booking.com, CTRIP, Expedia, Travelbook and Traveloka.
c. Website: www.cebuviewtouristinn.com.
2. What mode of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and credit card payments for walk-in guests and Paypal payments from our website. Full payment is required to guarantee reservation. For card payments, the cardholder must be a registered guest. Guests who will book through our FB page can also pay through bank transfer/money remittance services if they don’t have credit cards.
3. Do you give Senior Citizen discount?
Yes, we do. Please present your Senior Citizen ID for validation purposes.
4. What documents do you require upon check-in?
We require all guests to present a VALID ID upon check-in. For foreigners, please present your passport.
5. Do you require a security deposit?
Yes, we do. Upon check-in, we require a security deposit of PhP1,000.00 to cover incidental charges (i.e. lost remote control, keys, damaged facilities, stained towels, pillows, blankets, sheets, etc.). Any unused deposit will be refunded upon check-out.
6. Can I cancel my booking without incurring extra charges?
All bookings made through our website and FB page are non-refundable.
If you wish to modify your reservation, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of no-show, the total price of reservation is non-refundable.
For shortened stay, the cancellation cost is equivalent to one night room accommodation.
7. Do you accept early check-in or late checkout requests?
Early check-in from 10 a.m. and up can be accommodated for as long as the room reserved is not occupied by any guest at the time of arrival.
Guests who check in before 10 a.m. will be charged with a minimal cost if the room is available for occupancy.
Late checkout requests are subject to availability. Should you wish to extend your stay or leave the Tourist Inn later than planned, please contact our Front Office by 10 a.m.. This is to ensure that the room you're occupying is not reserved for other incoming guests. A late check-out charge for every hour of extension will be billed if you check out past 1 p.m.. Should you stay beyond 6 p.m., a full day’s rate will be charged to your account.
8. For late check-in, are there charges for that?
There is no charge for late check-in. Should you arrive past 2pm, please contact our front office through landline at (032) 254-8333 or through e-mail at email@example.com so we can hold your reservation. In normal cases, all reservations are held until 4 p.m. only.
9. My flight was cancelled and I cannot travel to Cebu and stay at your hotel. Can you cancel my reservation and refund a portion of my payment?
We can refund a portion of your payment provided that the flight cancellation is supported by an official notice from the airline company. In the absence of an official notice, we do not refund.
10. I want to book online but I don’t have a credit card. Can I pay through bank deposit or through money remittance services like Palawan Pawnshop or M. Lhuillier?
Yes, we accept them. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get our account details.
11. Do children stay for free ?
All children under 10 years can stay free of charge when using existing beds.
12. Does all your rooms have windows?
Our building is located between two properties so we only have a limited number of rooms with windows. If you wish to stay in a room with windows, please inform us ahead of time. Most Deluxe Family Rooms have windows.
13. Are the photos of your rooms the same for all rooms?
No, not all rooms have the same design. If you wish to stay in the room we posted in our website or social media account, you may inform our front office about that. We are renovating our rooms from time to time so some rooms may look different from the ones we posted.
14. Is there a safety deposit box in the room?
No. Safety deposit boxes are available at the Front Office for your complimentary use.
15. Does your room rate includes taxes?
Yes, the room rate is net of all taxes.
16. Is free breakfast included in your room rate?
Sorry, our room rate does not come with free breakfast.
17. Is parking available at your tourist inn?
We are located in a busy street, thus, parking is not available.
18. Is the room rate per person or per night?
The room rate is per night but we charge extra person if there are :
- more than 2 adults staying at the Standard/Deluxe Double Bed or Twin Rooms;
- more than 4 adults staying at the Deluxe Family Rooms
19. Do you allow pets at your tourist inn?
Pets are not allowed.
20. What is your smoking policy?
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all enclosed areas such as guest rooms, hallways, stairs, lobby, bathroom, kitchen area, elevator and common restroom. A fine will be imposed for each offense. Repeat offenders will be refused accommodation.
21. Is Wi-Fi available at the inn/in the room?
Wi-Fi is available free of charge in all rooms and common areas.
22. Is there a mall/department store or fast food restaurant chain near your place?
Yes, there are.
These are the malls/shops near us: Elizabeth Mall, Metro Gaisano, Super Metro, Colonnade Mall, 138 Mall
These are the fast food restaurant chains near us: KFC, Jollibee, Mcdonald’s, Greenwich (Elizabeth Mall), Chowking (Elizabeth Mall), Da Vinci Pizza (Super Metro Building), Shakey’s (Super Metro Building), Starbucks (Super Metro Building)
23. Is taking public transportation accessible?
Yes, there are taxis and public transportation vehicles passing by our area.
24. I read reviews in the internet that your location is situated in a crowded and unsafe area in downtown. Is that true?
Downtown Cebu is crowded and is reminiscent of Manila’s Chinatown area. Since the crowd here is not the same as those in uptown Cebu, do not to wear jewelry or use expensive gadgets while walking on the street.
Are the people friendly? Yes. If you need to ask for directions, you may ask our staff to assist you.
What is the bright side of exploring and staying in downtown Cebu? If you’re after of local culture, this is the best place to experience them. Colon Street, the oldest street in the Philippines, is just a walking distance from Sanciangko Street. Downtown Cebu is a shopping haven for bargain hunters. There are popular historical landmarks here in downtown Cebu.
25. What popular landmarks are near your place?
Basilica del Sto. Niño, Magellan’s Cross, Fort San Pedro, Cebu Heritage Monument, Casa Gorordo Museum, and Metropolitan Cebu Cathedral
26. Are you near a bus terminal or sea port?
The South Bus Terminal is not very far from our location. For sea port, Pier 1 is just a ride away from us.
27. How long is the traveling time from airport to your inn?
Traveling time is estimated to be around 30-45 minutes if the traffic situation is normal. If traffic builds up in Mandaue area, it might take an hour to arrive here.
28. Do you arrange tours?
We can refer you to a company who can handle your tour requirements.
29. Do you arrange airport transfers?
Yes we have an airport transfer provider. Please contact our front office if you wish to avail of airport transfers. There are corresponding fees for availing this kind of service.
30. I have complaints and would like to address them to the management. How can I contact them ?
You may write your concerns to email@example.com. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
31. Do you offer short-time stay like 3 hours? How about 12 hours stay?
I’m sorry but we don’t offer both.