Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do we make reservations?
You may reserve a room through the following:
a. E-mail: You can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Online Travel Agencies such as Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbook, Asiatravel, Traveloka and Waka.
c. Website: www.cebuviewtouristinn.com.
2. What mode of payment do you accept?
We accept cash payments for walk-in guests and Paypal payments from our website. Full payment is required to guarantee reservation. Guests who will book through our FB page can also pay through bank transfer/money remittance services if they don’t have credit cards.
3. Do you give Senior Citizen discount?
Yes, we do. Please present your Senior Citizen ID for validation purposes.
4. What documents do you require upon check-in?
We require all guests to present a VALID ID upon check-in. For foreigners, please present your passport.
5. Do you require a security deposit?
Yes, we do. Upon check-in, we require a security deposit of PhP1,000.00 to cover incidental charges (i.e. lost remote control, keys, damaged facilities, stained towels, pillows, blankets, sheets, etc.). Any unused deposit will be refunded upon check-out.
6. Can I cancel my booking without incurring extra charges?
All bookings made through our website and FB page are non-refundable.
If you wish to modify your reservation, please write us at email@example.com.
In case of no-show, the total price of reservation is non-refundable.
7. Do you accept early check-in or late checkout requests?
Early check-in from 9 am and up can be accommodated for as long as the room reserved is not occupied by any guest at the time of arrival.
Guests who check in before 9am will be charged with a minimal cost.
Late checkout requests are subject to availability. Should you wish to extend your stay or leave the Tourist Inn later than planned, please contact our Front Office by 10AM. This is to ensure that the room you're occupying is not reserved for other incoming guests. A late check-out charge for every hour of extension will be billed if you checkout past 1PM. Should you stay beyond 6 p.m., a full day’s rate will be charged to your account.
8. For late check-in, are there charges for that?
There is no charge for late check-in. Should you arrive past 2pm, please contact our front office through landline at (032) 254-8333 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can hold your reservation. In normal cases, all reservations are held until 4pm.
9. My flight was cancelled and I cannot travel to Cebu and stay at your hotel. Can you cancel my reservation and refund a portion of my payment?
We can refund a portion of your payment provided that the flight cancellation is supported by an official notice from the airline company. In the absence of an official notice, we do not refund.
10. I want to book online but I don’t have a credit card. Can I pay through bank deposit or through money remittance services like Palawan Pawnshop or M. Lhuillier?
Yes, we accept them. Just e-mail us at email@example.com to get our account details.
11. Do children stay for free ?
All children under 10 years can stay free of charge when using existing beds.
12. Does all your rooms have windows?
Our building is located between two properties so we only have a limited number of rooms with windows. If you wish to be booked to a room with a window, please state this request when you make a reservation. Most Deluxe Family Rooms have windows.
13. Are the photos of your rooms the same for all rooms?
No, not all rooms have the same design. If you wish to stay in the room we posted in our website or social media account, you may inform our front office about that. We are renovating our rooms from time to time so some rooms have different appearance or layout.
14. Is there a safety deposit box in the room?
No. Safety deposit boxes are available at the Front Office for your complimentary use.
15. Does your room rate includes taxes and other surchages?
Yes, the room rate is net of all taxes and surcharges.
16. Is free breakfast included in your room rate?
Sorry, our room rate does not come with free breakfast.
17. Is parking available at your tourist inn?
We are located in a busy street, thus, parking is not available.
18. Is the room rate per person or per night?
The room rate is per night but we charge extra person if there are :
- more than 2 adults staying at the Standard/Deluxe Double Bed or Twin Rooms;
- more than 4 adults staying at the Deluxe Family Rooms
19. Do you allow pets at your tourist inn?
Sorry, we don’t allow pets inside our tourist inn.
20. What is your smoking policy?
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all enclosed areas such as guest rooms, hallways, stairs, lobby, elevator and restrooms. A fine will be imposed for each offense. Repeat offenders will be refused accommodation.
21. Is Wi-Fi available at the inn/in the room?
Wi-Fi is available free of charge in all rooms and common areas.
22. Is there a mall/department store or fast food restaurant chain near your place?
Yes, there are.
These are the malls/shops near us: Elizabeth Mall, Metro Gaisano, Super Metro, Colonnade Mall, 138 Mall
These are the fast food restaurant chains near us: KFC, Jollibee, Mcdonald’s, Mang Inasal, Greenwich (Elizabeth Mall), Chowking (Elizabeth Mall), Da Vinci Pizza (Super Metro Building), Shakey’s (Super Metro Building), Starbucks (Super Metro Building)
23. Is taking public transportation accessible?
Yes, there are taxis and public transportation vehicles passing by our area.
24. I read reviews in the internet that your location is situated in a crowded and unsafe area in downtown. Is that true?
Downtown Cebu is crowded and is reminiscent of Manila’s Chinatown area. Since the crowd here is not the same as those in uptown Cebu, it is a general rule that you do not wear flashy jewelry or use your expensive gadgets when you walk on the streets. Are the people friendly? Yes. If you need to ask for directions, you may ask our staff to assist you.
So what is the bright side of exploring and staying in downtown Cebu? If you’re after of local culture, this is the best place to experience them. Colon Street, the oldest street in the Philippines, is just a walking distance from Sanciangko Street. Downtown Cebu is a shopping haven for bargain hunters. There are popular historical landmarks here in downtown Cebu.
25. What popular landmarks are near your place?
Basilica del Sto. Niño, Magellan’s Cross, Fort San Pedro, Cebu Heritage Monument, Casa Gorordo Museum, and Metropolitan Cebu Cathedral
26. Are you near a bus terminal or sea port?
The South Bus Terminal is not very far from our location. For sea port, Pier 1 is just a ride away from us.
27. How long is the traveling time from airport to your inn?
Traveling time is estimated to be around 30-45 minutes if the traffic situation is normal. If traffic builds up in Mandaue area, it might take you an hour to arrive here.
28. Do you arrange tours?
We can refer you to a company who can handle your tour requirements.
29. Do you arrange airport transfers?
Yes we have an airport transfer provider. Please contact our front office if you wish to avail of airport transfers. There are corresponding fees for availing this kind of service.
30. I have complaints and would like to address them to the management. How can I contact them ?
You may write your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback and suggestions. They will help us identify which area of service needs to be improved.
31. Do you offer short-time stay like 3 hours? How about 12 hours stay?
I’m sorry but we don’t offer short-time stay. We also don’t offer 12-hours stay.